All We Are release new album Sunny Hills 9th June
Last month, All We Are teased their return with the blistering ‘Burn It All Out’. It was the Liverpool-based trio’s first new music since their self-titled debut in 2015 and today, they share the news about their forthcoming second album and a video for the single ‘Human’.
Sunny Hills will be released on June 9th through Domino, produced by Kwes (Solange, Kano, Loyle Carner) it finds the band with a new sense of urgency and a new sound - one that takes in psychedelia, krautrock and post-punk.
Directed by Eoin Glaister, the video is part one of a trilogy about a small village having to face a developer building a motorway through the middle of it. At first, it causes issues between the residents but they begin to learn that by joining forces they stand a better chance against the developers. The video stars Thomas Gray as the motorway developer.
All We Are are Guro Gikling from Norway (vocals, bass), Luis Santos from Brazil (guitars) and Richard O’Flynn from Ireland (drums/vocals). It hasn’t escaped them that the world seems to be spiraling into a period of darkness and through their music; they want to say it’s ok not to belong and it’s ok to feel different.
The resulting Sunny Hills is an irresistibly danceable, dark yet uplifting record about what it means to be alive right now and the power of friendship and togetherness in a world intent on driving us apart.
The artwork echoes this sentiment, the band explain “it shows an old house sandwiched between two large buildings under development. The woman who owned the house refused to sell to a number of developers including Donald Trump. She resisted for years while the developers even bought the space above the house. She finally won the case and stayed there for a further decade until her death. Before that, she watched Donald Trump’s casino fail and close its doors. There is a feeling of powerful resistance in this story that we relate to along with a real sense of defiance and eventual victory against a bigger power.”
Whilst political, Sunny Hills also documents the emotional rollercoaster the three-piece have been on in the past two years. Their adopted city Liverpool affected the album as well, it’s “an immigrant city with a proud history of welcoming everyone” they state, it’s also a singularly radical and resistant city and the band see a parallel between today’s climate of alienation and fear and the era of Thatcher.
Political, poetic, danceable and affirming - for all the proud citizens of nowhere, All We Are give you Sunny Hills.
Sunny Hills is available to pre order on special edition vinyl with a stencilled sleeve (available at Dom Mart and independent stores), vinyl, CD and digital. Additionally, initial copies of the special edition vinyl bought from Dom Mart will be signed.
Known for their thrilling live shows, All We Are have announced a UK tour including London’s Moth Club and have been confirmed for Glastonbury Festival as well.
All We Are live dates
30th April – Festevol Gardens, Liverpool
20th May – Royal Circus, Brussels
26th May – Dot to Dot Festival, Manchester
27th May – Dot to Dot Festival, Bristol
28th May – Dot to Dot Festival, Nottingham
14th June – Moth Club, London
15th June – Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff
16th June – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
17th June – Think Tank, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
18th June – Stereo, Glasgow
21st- 25th June - Glastonbury Festival, Somerset
13th – 16th July – Latitude Festival, Suffolk
31st Aug – 3rd Sept – End of the Road Festival, Dorset
1st-3rd September – Electric Picnic Festival, Co Laois, Ireland
- All We Are release new album Sunny Hills 9th June
- John Cale's Fragments of a Rainy Season re-issued December 9th 2016
- Steve Mason announces new album Meet The Humans, listen to new single ‘Planet Sizes’
- John Cale announces M:FANS / Music For A New Society for 22nd January 2016
- Petite Noir announces UK & European tour for March 2016
- Petite Noir Shares Video For ‘La Vie Est Belle / Life Is Beautiful ft. Baloji’
- George FitzGerald shares video for 'Full Circle ft. Boxed In'
- Debut Album from Petite Noir - La Vie Est Belle / Life Is Beautiful – Streaming Now via NPR
- Petite Noir shares video for, ‘Best’
- All We Are announce free live show & stream 'Honey' remix
- Petite Noir announces debut album, ‘La Vie Est Belle / Life Is Beautiful’, for 11th September 2015
- ALL WE ARE RELEASE NEW SINGLE ‘HONEY’ ON 17TH JULY 2015
- George FitzGerald Announces Album, Releases First Single
- All We Are - New Dates & Remixes from Lxury & Warpaint
- All We Are release their eponymous debut album - Out Now!
- All We Are 'Stone'
- New Track: Petite Noir 'Shadows'
- Petite Noir Makes Power Moves In His New Video
- All We Are 'Feel Safe'
- All We Are Play New Tracks For R1 Session & Announce New Tour Dates
- Malachai 'Sweet Flower'
- All We Are Release ‘Feel Safe’ Video
- D6 Signs All We Are
- Malachai Return From The Grave With A New Album
- She & Him Yule Log App
- She & Him Announce The Capitol Studio Session
- Steve Mason announces details of a new single, Fire! November 4th 2013
- George FitzGerald 'I Can Tell (By The Way You Move)' (Paul Woolford Remix)
- George FitzGerald signs to Double Six. New Single ‘I Can Tell (By The Way You Move)’ Available Through Beatport Now!
- John Cale releases All Summer Long as standalone single on 5th August 2013
- The Child of Lov - Fly
- Steve Mason Announces Details of U.K. Tour
- The Child of Lov releases new single, Give It To The People, on 5th August 2013
- Steve Mason Launches Video For New Single – A Lot Of Love
- Petite Noir releases ‘Noirse’, featuring remixes from Deptford Goth, NGUZUNGUZU & Pional, on 8th July 2013
- Out Now - The Child of Lov
- Steve Mason Announces Details Of The Release Of A New Single – A Lot Of Love.
- She & Him Debuts New Song From Volume 3 - Stream ‘I Could've Been Your Girl’
- Pineapple Camel Funk
- Bill Ryder-Jones Announces Tour Dates!
- The Child of Lov Wins NME's Radar Award
- John Cale Living With You Ft. Laurel Halo
- Steve Mason - Oh My Lord
- The Child of Lov's Album Is Ready
- Steve Mason announces details of the first single from his forthcoming album
- The Child of Lov 'Give Me'
- Fight Them Back
- With Great Pride
- The Child of Lov 'Heal'
- The Child of Lov - Coming Soon
- John Cale releases "Face to the Sky" Video
- Pre Order John Cale's Shifty Adventures In Nookie Wood
- John Cale Welcomes You To Nookie Wood
- For your viewing pleasure: Spiritualized 'Little Girl'
- Domino Drip
- John Cale 'Shifty Adventures In Nookie Wood' Revealed
- Extra Playful EP: Transitions Out Now
- Spiritualized On Tour In The UK
- Download Actress' John Cale Remix
- Extra Playful: Transitions Ft. Actress, Maria Minerva & Tim Hecker
- Spiritualized, Hey Jane
- Spiritualized live at BBC's Maida Vale Studio
- Spiritualized, Hey Jane Trailer
- Spiritualized 'Sweet Heart Sweet Light' & Single Stream
- Trailer Trash Tracys Live Sessions
- Video: Trailer Trash Tracys 'Engelhardt's Arizona'
- Belbury Poly, Leyland Kirby & Moon Wiring Club Remix Bill Ryder-Jones
- Spiritualized Announce New Album
- King Creosote & Jon Hopkins Announce New Single
- Trailer Trash Tracys Unveil Their Video Debut